Whether a family home or a large corporate headquarters, making savings in your energy bills is something we all want. Taking advantage of renewable energy options is one such way. Renewable energy is generally defined as energy that comes from resources which are naturally replenished, such as sunlight, wind, rain and geothermal heat. Renewable energy replaces conventional fuels in electricity generation, hot water and space heating.
In terms of solar energy, the benefits are clear. If you are considering taking advantage of these benefits, Buckby Electrical is the expert solar panel installer in Geelong and surrounds, including Melbourne.
Here are five good reasons to consider solar panel installation:
- Solar energy is reliable. It is a form of energy that can offer several thousand hours of electricity and power for a home or business.
- Solar energy is completely renewable. The sun is here to stay and no mining is necessary in order to use its power.
- It is a source of energy that is not harmful to the environment, and in fact is part of the natural environment.
- Over time, the initial costs of installing solar panels are cancelled out by the amount of money saved not paying a power company.
- Solar panels installation can be carried out to fit almost any sized building and budget, from a small residential unit to large corporate premises.
How do solar panels actually work?
- When the sun shines on the solar panels, direct current (DC) electricity is generated
- The DC electricity is fed into a solar inverter which is connected to the grid, which converts the DC electricity to 240V 50Hz AC electricity
- The 240V AC electricity powers appliances in your home or business
- If your grid-connected system is producing more power than is being consumed, the surplus is fed back into the mains power grid. Some electricity companies will meter the electricity fed into the grid by your system and provide a credit on your bill.
Our licensed electricians can also carry out independent energy audits. Buckby Electrical visits your home or business to:
- Provide independent and unbiased advice
- Analyse your energy consumption through actual energy usage
- Measure energy consumption using portable energy loggers
- Identify where energy is being wasted in your home or business
- Recommend energy-efficient solutions that will reduce your energy costs
- Provide you with a list of energy-saving projects, as well as information about how the licensed electricians at Buckby Electrical can help you implement these energy-saving projects.
Some of these energy saving projects will be straightforward and will provide you with automatic savings as well as not requiring any capital outlay. Others, however, will require money to be spent to achieve energy savings.